Advantages of Mediation
Divorce Mediation is:
- less costly, with the potential of thousands of dollars saved in legal fees;
- generally less stressful and confrontational;
- relatively simple without the procedural complexities of a Court case;
- a confidential process. Confidentiality can be maintained through an separate initial agreement which is available upon request. With a confidentiality agreement, the couple, and any experts assisting them in mediation, can freely communicate and exchange sensitive information, where privacy is a priority;
- a flexible process allowing for creative solutions and settlements;
- voluntary, so settlements reached in mediation are more agreeable to both parties, rather than a judicial edict in a divorce case, which directs a spouse to do something that the spouse is unwilling to do.
Divorce mediation can also:
- reduce conflict and the emotional toll on parents and their children;
- achieve more positive outcomes for children, especially those with special needs, or those struggling with drug or alcohol use;
- concentrate on maintaining the emotional and mental health of the children.
This is attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.